Military News Search Results
>> 39 stories found for keyword: discount
November 06, 2013
- On Nov. 11, 2013, America will pay tribute to the men and women who served the nation. For Veterans Day, as a way to say thanks, many businesses across the nation will be giving discounts and running promotions for veterans.
August 22, 2013
- For a glimpse into how the military services might provide quality morale, the transformation program the Air Force Services directorate has been rolling out for the past two and a half years is worth a look.
August 22, 2013
- For a glimpse into how the military services might provide quality morale, welfare and recreation services and programs despite continuing budget pressures, it is worth a look.
July 31, 2013
- Airmen projected to deploy or have recently returned from a deployment can participate in the PLAYpass Get out and Play Program and save $500 to $1,000 on installation programs.
July 17, 2012
- The Defense Department is taking a leading role in a governmentwide effort to stop the nation's obesity problem, Barbara Thompson, the director of DOD's Office of Family Policy/Children and Youth, said.
December 19, 2011
- Air Force equal opportunity officials have expanded a pilot program that reduces processing times for civilian equal employment opportunity complaints to five months versus the standard six months.
November 29, 2011
- Every year, hundreds of service members and their families spend the Thanksgiving holiday away from loved ones.
November 08, 2011
- A variety of restaurants and fast-food chains are offering free or discounted meals to active-duty, Reserve and retired military members and veterans in thanks for their service this Veterans Day.
May 20, 2011
- The Air Force Central Ticket Program provides discount tickets to Airmen, their families and authorized Morale, Welfare and Recreation program customers at nationwide attractions and recreational events.
January 28, 2011
- Customers who want to improve their health will have plenty of help at their local commissary as the new year rolls out a variety of special discounts, coupon booklets and giveaways.
January 05, 2011
- Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced Jan. 5 that National Park Service officials will waive admission fees on 17 selected dates throughout 2011.
December 13, 2010
- All runners who are up for the challenge of the 2011 Marine Corps Marathon Event Series and the Marine Corps Historic Half can begin registration at noon Dec. 15.
October 08, 2010
- The recommended mailing deadline for sending economy-priced holiday packages to servicemembers in Afghanistan, Iraq and other places around the world is Nov. 12, officials at the U.S. Postal Service said.
September 14, 2010
- With the recent home renovations throughout Camp Pendleton, Lincoln Memorial Housing is authorized by Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton's command to grant residents a discounted price toward their living expenses.
September 07, 2010
- Beginning Oct. 1, most Army families will see an increase in their child care fees, while others will see a reduction and some will see no change in fees for School Year 2010-2011. This is a result of a new Department of Defense policy.
May 19, 2010
- The Marines of Company L left the their mini-grinders and uniform maintenance to enjoy the San Diego Padres, Los Angeles Dodgers game at Petco Park, May 16.
May 06, 2010
- The Army is continuing the most fundamental and profound series of changes it has seen since World War II, the service's chief of staff said here today.
April 12, 2010
- Little Rock Air Force Base members and their community council won the 2009 Abilene Trophy announced March 31 here.
January 20, 2010
- Both India and Pakistan have a big stake in what happens in Afghanistan, and are playing significant roles to support the effort there, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said today.
July 02, 2009
- Golfing great Tiger Woods spent the week leading up to the nation's birthday honoring those men and women serving in the military during the Earl Woods Memorial Pro-Am golf tournament at the Congressional Country Club here.
June 22, 2009
- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates today commended the work of the volunteers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center here, saying they set the example for the rest of the country.
June 20, 2009
- Though U.S. Central Command investigators found a May 4 air strike that caused civilian casualties in Afghanistan's Farah province was within the rules of armed conflict.
June 11, 2009
- Because it comes from what he called "an unpredictable regime," bellicose rhetoric from North Korea needs to be watched closely, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said today.
June 08, 2009
- Renovations recently wrapped up on the Camp Pendleton Memorial Golf Course, including new locations for the Pro Shop and Mulligan's Golf Course Grill opening, June 1.
May 01, 2009
- Servicemembers and veterans who enroll in the new Post-9/11 GI Bill will be able to attend some of the country's most prestigious - and high-cost -universities, thanks to a new program that's gaining momentum in academic circles.
April 16, 2009
- The Military Order of the Purple Heart, a Virginia-based troop-support group, will join the city of Branson, Mo., April 24 and 25 in a special "Hand in Hand" weekend honoring Purple Heart veterans across the country.
July 16, 2006
- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov say they are not surprised by North Korea's initial rejection of a U.N. Security Council resolution that condemns the country's missile tests.
March 20, 2006
- As the penalty phase of the trial of convicted terrorist conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui resumed in Virginia, jurors heard testimony from an FBI agent who said that his superiors did not treat Moussaoui as a serious terror threat after he was arrested.
November 20, 2005
- U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld says military considerations on the ground - and not politics in Washington - will determine the pace of any U.S. troop withdrawals from Iraq.
August 22, 2005
- With more than 250,000 American troops deployed in nearly 130 countries, many analysts are questioning whether the United States military is stretched in ways that could undermine its future capabilities should new threats arise.
August 16, 2005
- While an estimated 25 percent of Americans smoke, the military's numbers hover at 34 percent, according to Col. Gerald Wayne Talcott with the Air Force Medical Support Agency.
July 25, 2005
- Three different groups have claimed responsibility for the bombings last week at the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheik. Authorities in Cairo and London are wondering whether the bombings in Egypt and the recent attacks in London might be linked.
June 27, 2005
- Lowe's home-improvement store chain is offering all active, reserve and retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store purchases made during the July 4 holiday weekend.
May 25, 2005
- A major home-improvement chain is offering Memorial Day discounts to all active-duty and reserve-component troops, retired military personnel, veterans, and their families.
January 30, 2004
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament Castles are offering a free dinner for two for all Soldiers redeploying from Afghanistan and Iraq or on rest & recuperation leave from Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom.
October 31, 2003
- The city offers some of the best museums in the world, including the Guggenheim and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, both at the Upper Eastside on Fifth Avenue. If you are a service member with a valid identification card, you can get in most for free.
October 08, 2003
- Service members and eligible Department of Defense civilians leaving Iraq for a little ''rest and recuperation'' can purchase discounted non-restricted tickets for their travel home through an office set up in Kuwait.
April 08, 2003
- More than 90 members of the press arrived at LRMC April 2 to attend a news conference with three injured Marines. Each Marine gave a brief account of how he was injured in battle and the circumstances surrounding his experience.
July 30, 2002
- Bragg and the U.S. Army Special Operations Command officials have responded to reporters' questions about the killing of four military wives by their active-duty husbands in a span of less than six weeks during a press conference July 26.