Military News Articles from 06/2016
June 29, 2016
- The Defense Department today announced that the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program is celebrating five years of supporting military spouses, according to officials from the DoD Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Office.
June 27, 2016
- When Army veteran Greg Mullen developed symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder while stationed in the Middle East during the first Gulf War, his symptoms from nonstop anti-missile blasts were severe enough after a six-month deployment for him to trans
June 24, 2016
- Retiring Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Welsh III always remembered that people are what make the U.S. Air Force the best in the world, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said today.
June 19, 2016
- The MH-60S Knighthawk was able to locate and relay the position of the distressed personnel to the U.S. Coast Guard Sector Guam command center, which was able to coordinate with the Fire Division of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
June 15, 2016
- Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus announced June 15 that SSN 800, a Virginia-class attack submarine, will bear the name USS Arkansas.
June 09, 2016
- The Defense Department’s Computer/Electronics Accommodations Program recently celebrated the 20th anniversary of its Technology & Evaluation Center, known as CAPTEC.
June 03, 2016
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter met with Indonesian Defense Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu on the margins of the International Institute for Strategic Studies Shangri-La Dialogue today in Singapore, Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said in a statement release
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.