Military News Articles from 03/2016
March 29, 2016
- The U.S. government has authorized the ordered departure of Defense Department dependents from Turkey, including those at Incirlik Air Base, according to Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook.
March 25, 2016
- Army Command Sgt. Maj. John W. Troxell, the senior enlisted advisor to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, met with sailors assigned to the aircraft carrier USS George Washington and the dock landing ship USS Gunston Hall berthed here, March 23.
March 21, 2016
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter offered his congratulations to Army Gen. Vincent K. Brooks following the announcement today that he intends to nominate Brooks to be commander of U.S. Forces Korea, Combined Forces Command and United Nations Command.
March 17, 2016
- Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group (IKECSG) completed a multi-ship, live-fire exercise with the Standard Missile (SM-2), March 15.
March 15, 2016
- Two Los Angeles-class submarines arrived at U.S. Navy Ice Camp Sargo, a temporary station on top of a floating ice sheet in the Arctic, March 14, as part of Ice Exercise (ICEX) 2016.
March 10, 2016
- After a visit here this week, Marine Corps Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr. said he is proud of the way the men and women of Joint Task Force Guantanamo are carrying out their detainee operations mission.
March 07, 2016
- The John C. Stennis Strike Group (JCSSG) has completed routine operations in the South China Sea, and transited into the Philippine Sea through the Luzon Strait.
March 04, 2016
- The Navy will christen its newest Virginia-class attack submarine USS Washington (SSN 787), Saturday, March 5, during an 11 a.m. EST ceremony at Newport News Shipbuilding in Newport News, Virginia.
March 02, 2016
- As cyber and data security remain among the Pentagon’s top priorities, the undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics underscored the importance of distribution, investment and private industry collaboration at the D3 Innova
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.