Military News Articles from 02/2016
February 29, 2016
- The Defense Department today held a video conference between senior DoD officials and their Russian counterparts to discuss ongoing implementation of the U.S.-Russia memorandum of understanding on flight safety over Syrian airspace, Pentagon Press Secreta
February 24, 2016
- Many successful initiatives are underway to reform the Military Health System, but the system will require change to continue its many benefits to readiness and patient care, military medicine’s top leaders told a Senate panel yesterday.
February 20, 2016
- Marine Corps Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, met with senior Egyptian military leaders in Cairo today.
February 18, 2016
- Four U.S. F-22 Raptors conducted a combined formation flight alongside South Korean F-15K Slam Eagles and U.S. F-16 Fighting Falcons here yesterday to demonstrate the capabilities of both nations in response to recent provocative actions by North Korea.
February 15, 2016
- The Norwegian Home Guard and U.S. Marines moved main battle tanks, amphibious assault vehicles, artillery, and equipment forward to one of the largest live-fire ranges in Norway Feb. 12 in preparation for Exercise Cold Response 2016.
February 12, 2016
- The Defense Department sent Congress its 2015 report on North Korea’s military power today, Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis told reporters.
February 09, 2016
- The fiscal year 2017 defense budget request represents “the best possible balance of capacity, capability and readiness investments based upon the resources available,” the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said today.
February 05, 2016
- Talk about the United Service Organizations and people think it is some holding company. But mention USO, and all Americans know it is a way for them to connect with service members.
February 03, 2016
- Keeping warfighters safe from infectious diseases and chemical agents is a Defense Department effort that requires a range of capabilities, from global biosurveillance and quick response to medical countermeasures and interagency and international collabo
February 02, 2016
- President Barack Obama will award the Medal of Honor to a Navy special warfare operator in a Feb. 29 ceremony, White House officials announced today.
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.