Military News Articles from 01/2016
January 29, 2016
- In a statement, Defense Secretary Ash Carter commended the Netherlands for its announcement today that its pilots will expand their current mission over Iraq to participate in coalition airstrikes against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant in easter
January 27, 2016
- Defense Department experts who have experience working with the Zika virus have been asked to support the Department of Health and Human Services in its efforts related to the mosquito-borne disease, the Pentagon press secretary said today.
January 25, 2016
- Defense Department personnel and their families who plan to vote by absentee ballot in the upcoming presidential primaries and the general election in November should complete a registration application and request their ballots now, according to a Federa
January 23, 2016
- The 10 U.S. Navy Sailors assigned to Coastal Riverine Squadron 3 who were briefly detained by Iran Jan 12-13, returned to their homeport in San Diego last night.
January 21, 2016
- The Acting Secretary of the Army Patrick J. Murphy visited the troops for the first time, Jan. 20, since assuming the acting secretary position and confirmed as the under secretary. Murphy said Fort Hood stands out as a leader when it comes to helping Sol
January 19, 2016
- To make it easier for Soldiers to manage the vast tactical communications network, the Army plans to operationally evaluate newly enhanced and simplified network operations, or NetOps, tools during Network Integration Evaluation, or NIE, 16.2 this spring.
January 15, 2016
- July 16, 2015 was a Thursday as any other at the Navy Operational Support Center (NOSC) Chattanooga.
January 14, 2016
- Planning funerals for military veterans and retirees can be overwhelming for their families, and the Defense Department’s director of casualty and mortuary affairs wants family members to familiarize themselves in advance when possible to know what
January 13, 2016
- In his final State of the Union address to the nation, President Barack Obama said the United States is the most powerful nation on Earth.
January 12, 2016
- U.S. Naval War College (NWC) is issuing a 'call for papers' in preparation of its fourth annual Women, Peace and Security (WPS) Conference to be held at the college, May 17.
January 08, 2016
- More military service academy cadets and midshipmen this year reported instances of sexual assault and harassment, indicating growing trust in the reporting system, a Defense Department official said Jan. 7.
January 07, 2016
- The Pentagon has made a number of changes to the military decorations and awards program to ensure service members receive appropriate recognition of their actions, according to a statement released today.
January 04, 2016
- The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff arrived here yesterday for meetings with U.S. commanders.
January 01, 2016
- In the hours before the clock struck midnight last night, the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff was on the phone with two-person crews who were on alert in missile silos at the nation’s three intercontinental ballistic missile bases.
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.