Military News Articles from 09/2015
September 29, 2015
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter today directed his staff to "open lines of communication with Russia on de-confliction" of air operations in Syria, the Pentagon press secretary said today.
September 25, 2015
- Marine Corps Gen. Robert B. Neller today assumed command of the Marine Corps from Gen. Joseph F. Dunford, Jr., as Dunford prepares to become the 19th chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
September 21, 2015
- With the recent release of ALNAV 065/15, the United States Naval Academy (USNA) is now accepting motivated Sailors and Marines, active and reserve, for admission to the Class of 2020.
September 19, 2015
- The U.S. Navy's only forward-deployed Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) entered the 7th Fleet area of operations, Sept. 17.
September 16, 2015
- The U.S. and Republic of Korea alliance took center stage as more than 3,000 guests joined both the U.S. and ROK Navy and Marine Corps forces in the commemoration of the 65th anniversary of the Incheon Amphibious Landing Operation Sept. 15.
September 14, 2015
- The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency’s "Wait, What?" Future Technology Forum wrapped up Friday with a remembrance of those who died on 9/11 and presentations covering the bleeding edges of everything from extraterrestrial life and
September 08, 2015
- USS Carney (DDG 64) departed her homeport of Mayport, Florida, Sept. 6 on her way to Rota, Spain, as the final of four Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers to be forward deployed to Spain.
September 04, 2015
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter today reaffirmed the importance of the U.S.-Saudi Arabia strategic relationship during a meeting here with Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Arabia’s defense minister, Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook sai
September 03, 2015
- The U.S. government has authorized the voluntary departure from Turkey of family members of American personnel at Incirlik Air Base and the U.S. consulate in Adana.
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.