Military News Articles from 08/2015
August 31, 2015
- Tomorrow marks the start of National Preparedness Month, and while preparedness calls for year-round attention, it is a good opportunity to remind Defense Department personnel and their families to be prepared at all times.
August 28, 2015
- Forecasters said the hurricane would be bad, but no one expected a Katrina.
August 25, 2015
- Marines with Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 152 conducted air-delivery ground refueling training aboard Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan, Aug. 21, 2015.
During the training Marines refueled four MV-22B Osprey tiltrotor aircrafts w
August 21, 2015
- Approximately 50 Marines with Combat Logistics Regiment 25, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, have been living aboard the USNS 1st Lt Jack Lummus since Aug. 5, initially preparing for, and then actively engaging in a Marine Prepositioning Force Exercise aboard
August 19, 2015
- Yesterday, Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus announced the establishment of a Recruit Honor Graduate Ribbon for superior performance during the Navy's basic military training, held at Naval Station Great Lakes, Illinois.
August 17, 2015
- More than 440 California National Guard soldiers and airmen have been activated to help the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, known as Cal Fire, fight fires throughout the state, Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis said today.
August 15, 2015
- The Department of the Navy and City of Chattanooga held a ceremony Aug. 15 at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga's, McKenzie Arena in memory of the Sailor and four Marines killed in the Navy Operational Support Center (NOSC) shooting on July 16.
August 12, 2015
- Military installations and their partners in three states have won an annual Defense Department conservation challenge created to protect nearby ecosystems while supporting critical military test, training and operational missions.
August 10, 2015
- U.S. Marines and sailors have been helping local and federal agencies in Saipan with relief efforts since Aug. 7, after Typhoon Soudelor struck the island Aug. 2-3, Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis said here today.
August 07, 2015
- The U.S. military faces multiple threats and it must be prepared for every contingency, Deputy Defense Secretary Bob Work said Aug. 5, after viewing night operations as part of the Joint Forcible Entry large-scale exercise at Fort Irwin, California.
August 03, 2015
- Marines with Truck Company, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force, readied their weapon systems and conducted vehicle inspections before performing an evaluated motorized operations course (MOC) aboard Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center T
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.