Military News Articles from 06/2015
June 29, 2015
- The littoral combat ship USS Fort Worth (LCS 3) wrapped up its first-ever participation in Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Philippines following a June 26 closing ceremony held at Naval Station Apolinario Jalandoon, Puerto Princesa, Repu
June 26, 2015
- Team Navy claimed its first gold medals at the DoD Warrior Games during track and field competitions June 23 at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia.
June 22, 2015
- With the release of NAVADMIN 142/15 "FY16 Enlisted Women in Submarines Selections", the first group of enlisted female Sailors from across the Navy has been chosen to serve in the U.S. Navy's submarine force.
June 19, 2015
- Amphibious transport dock ship USS Green Bay (LPD 20) rendered assistance to distressed mariners in the waters between the Indonesian islands of Kalimantan and Sulawesi June 19.
June 18, 2015
- U.S. and Spanish officials yesterday signed an amendment to the nations’ defense agreement that will change the deployment of the U.S. crisis response force at Moron Air Base from temporary to permanent, defense officials said today.
June 16, 2015
- The Defense Department yesterday launched an integrated lodging program pilot designed to provide quality government and commercial lodging, with greater safety and security and better services at reduced rates.
June 12, 2015
- Senior Defense Department medical leaders addressed health care reform on Capitol Hill yesterday, expressing concern over potential impacts on military medical readiness and overall readiness.
June 11, 2015
- The Sea Service Leadership Association (SSLA), a national nonprofit organization dedicated to the mentorship and development of military leaders, hosted a women's symposium June 11-12 in San Diego to discuss current issues for women in the military.
June 09, 2015
- The Defense Department today announced a partnership to launch employment training for transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses in highly skilled utility industry jobs.
June 08, 2015
- Navy Information Dominance Forces (NAVIDFOR) released Enlisted Information Dominance Warfare Specialist (EIDWS) Qualification Program Instruction COMNAVIDFORINST 1414.1, which revises who can administer the program and improves the ability to maintain con
June 05, 2015
- Combat Engineer Sgt. Alex Nguyen from Fremont, Nebraska, spends his days in and out of Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Virginia. He routinely goes from physical therapy appointments to doctor’s appointments and back to physical therapy. In
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.