Military News Articles from 8/2008
August 29, 2008
- The first aircraft to fly by pulsed-detonation engine power, along with associated hearing protection technology became additions to the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force during an Aug. 25 ceremony at the museum annex here.
August 25, 2008
- Keeping the Air Force's promise to America, to the joint team and to Airmen and their families was the focus of Gen. Norton A. Schwartz, the Air Force chief of staff, during an Aug. 22 visit to Malmstrom Air Force Base.
August 21, 2008
- The Air Force's reestablished Force Management and Development Council has reached two milestones, securing the vice chief of staff's endorsement of the Air Force Learning Committee and the Officer Force Development Panel.
August 20, 2008
- Formal training managers at the Air Force Personnel Center here are committed to ensuring Airmen are provided adequate time to prepare for their formal training classes, and that every Airman who needs to attend has the opportunity.
August 18, 2008
- Military veterans interested in being owner-operator truck drivers now can achieve that goal quicker and less expensively, thanks to an agreement between the Department of Veterans Affairs and Schneider National, Inc.
August 05, 2008
- A panel looking at military compensation has recommended dramatic changes in the military retirement system.
August 01, 2008
- Carlene Conner-Kueck is an advocate for energy conservation -- and she's not alone. The Air Force Materiel Command Communications Installations and Mission Support directorate is filled with people devoted to money-saving conservation techniques.
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.