Military News Articles from 7/2008
July 31, 2008
- Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen exercised jointness aboard a Navy ship along the eastern U.S. coast from Virginia to Florida July 21-31 for Joint Task Force Exercise 08-4 "Operation Brimstone."
July 24, 2008
- Air Force officials signed several agreements July 24 with the governor of New Mexico that will add up to 245 megawatts of additional renewable energy in the state.
July 21, 2008
- A former Air Force colonel encouraged the next generation to follow in the footsteps of the World War II heroes during the Gen. Benjamin O. Davis Jr. Awards Gala of the 37th Annual Tuskegee Airmen Convention July 19 here.
July 18, 2008
- Members of the U.S. Joint Forces Command (USJFCOM)-supplied Task Force Ramadi are helping to improve medical and health services in the area of Iraq where they are serving.
July 17, 2008
- Two senior NCOs recently had the opportunity to attend the U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Academy in Petaluma, Calif.
July 15, 2008
- Officials who oversee a Defense Department program that provides cultural and linguistic training to soon-to-deploy military personnel have activated a new Web site.
July 09, 2008
- Continental U.S. NORAD Region, known as CONR, pilots reached a significant milestone June 8 after they flew the 50,000th Operation Noble Eagle sortie conducted over the continental United States locally over South Carolina.
July 07, 2008
- About 60 servicemembers gathered here today to begin five days of seminars and workshops to help them tap into experience and skills gained through the military as they transition to civilian careers.
July 03, 2008
- As oil prices continue to soar, Air Mobility Command officials here are looking for ways to lower the amount of aviation fuel used by the command's fleet of airlifters and tankers.
July 01, 2008
- The U.S. Army Wounded Warrior Program, called "AW2" for short, held its fourth annual symposium in Indianapolis last week to identify the most important issues to advance wounded soldier care, the program's director said yesterday.
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.