Military News Articles from 4/2008
April 25, 2008
- Air Force officials are fielding two systems currently available through the Air Force Portal that make it easier to keep on-the-job training records up-to-date, saving time and money.
April 22, 2008
- At 6 a.m., it's another early April morning in Iraq as the two pilots deployed from Hill Air Force Base, Utah, get ready to venture into harm's way yet again.
April 21, 2008
- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates established a new task force last week to ensure the Defense Department is doing everything possible to provide intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) assets to support warfighters.
April 17, 2008
- A study released today shows that nearly 20 percent of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans report symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder or major depression, findings that military health officials called "very consistent" with their own.
April 15, 2008
- Scientists from the University of Dayton Research Institute have manipulated the process of shell and pearl formation in oysters to demonstrate a method for depositing pearl-like coatings onto various metal surfaces.
April 14, 2008
- A prominent online community for military families is a finalist in the 12th Annual Webby Awards.
April 10, 2008
- Three months into his job as detachment commander, Marine Corps Staff Sgt. James Sturla said he's hard-pressed to find a more interesting or gratifying job than overseeing his fellow Marines who guard the U.S. Embassy here.
April 09, 2008
- Years of hard work and planning came to realization April 7 when the first class of F-22 Raptor maintenance students graduated from the $21 million F-22 Maintenance Training Facility here.
April 08, 2008
- A flight engineer with the 380th Air Expeditionary Wing's 908th Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron surpassed 10,000 flight hours during a KC-10 Extender mission March 29.
April 02, 2008
- Seventy-four-year-old Bob Eiden stood on a snow bank overlooking Snowmass Mountain yesterday, mentally preparing himself for his first experience on skis, 16 months after having his right leg amputated.
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.