Military News Articles from 2/2008
February 29, 2008
- The Air Force announced today it has selected Northrop Grumman Corp. to build its next-generation air-refueling tanker aircraft.
February 27, 2008
- Air Force Materiel Command safety officials are planning a command-wide training course for airmen under 27 who ride a sportbike.
February 26, 2008
- The U.S. Army remains ready to engage and defeat America's enemies despite experiencing strain after seven years of wartime deployments, the Army's top civilian and military leaders told a Senate panel here today.
February 25, 2008
- U.S. Airmen and Coast Guardsmen joined their Dominican counterparts Feb. 16 and 17 to commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the Dominican air force with an air show.
February 21, 2008
- Airmen assigned to the 1st Expeditionary RED HORSE Group are nearing the completion of installing a barrier arresting kit on the flightline at Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan.
February 20, 2008
- The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff stopped in here yesterday to see how the Marines Corps treats its wounded warriors.
February 14, 2008
- Technology is critical to countering roadside and car bombs and to attacking terrorist networks that emplace them.
February 11, 2008
- Members of the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing here welcomed the newest member of its fleet Feb. 8 as a C-130J Hercules landed in Southwest Asia.
February 07, 2008
- In a room lit only by sunlight streaming in, a soldier bites through the plastic wrapper of a package of pencils.
February 01, 2008
- The first class of F-22 Raptor crew chiefs began training Jan. 29 at the $21 million Raptor Maintenance Training Facility at Sheppard.
VA refinancing and complimentary VA loan pre-approvals so you can shop for your home with confidence.