Featured Military Articles
November 21, 2014
The Navy is evaluating a scaled-down version of the Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program (SEWIP) system for potential incorporation on future Littoral Combat Ships (LCS), Naval Sea Systems Command announced, Nov. 20.
November 17, 2014
U.S. Central Command officials today provided details of airstrikes that have targeted Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq in recent days.
November 17, 2014
The Defense Department will host a rehabilitation expo as part of Warrior Care Month as it continues its commitment to supporting wounded, ill and injured troops, their families and caregivers.
November 16, 2014
Former Army Staff Sgt. Salvatore A. Giunta, who in 2010 became the first living Medal of Honor recipient since the Vietnam War, says he is not a hero.
November 15, 2014
- Cutting red tape and eliminating bureaucracy is a priority effort throughout the Defense Department, both the Secretary of the Air Force and DoD's top acquisitions official said today at the Reagan Defense Forum in Simi Valley, California.
November 14, 2014
- The F-35C Lightning II carrier variant Joint Strike Fighter conducted its first carrier-based night flight operations aboard an aircraft carrier off the coast of San Diego Nov. 13.
November 13, 2014
- This year's International Mine Countermeasures Exercise (IMCMEX) concluded in Bahrain Nov. 13, after nearly three weeks of seminars and training maneuvers.
November 11, 2014
- When Academy cadets become pilots, engineers or logisticians, they will know their research here helped make several positive changes for aircrews, their planes and ground troops.
November 9, 2014
- Imagine yourself in a cockpit, flying a mission, listening to a multitude of critical voices, delivering vital messages, all at the same time and from the same direction.
November 7, 2014
- Urgently needed supplies are quickly getting to those fighting the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, thanks to experts with the Air Force Civil Engineer Center's Air Force Contract Augmentation Program.
November 7, 2014
- President Barack Obama plans to submit an updated request for fiscal year 2015 overseas contingency operations funds as the effort to defeat terrorists from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant moves into its next phase.
November 6, 2014
- Private-sector recruiters seeking skilled wounded, ill, injured and transitioning service members, their spouses, family members, and primary caregivers offered interviews and showcased their companies during the Hiring Heroes Career Fair here today.
November 5, 2014
- Russia is "pushing on the limits of international order," the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said today.
November 4, 2014
- The Defense Department is progressing toward the establishment of a program to train and equip moderate Syrian opposition forces, the Pentagon press secretary said today.
November 3, 2014
- Alaska is poised to play an increasingly important role in the development of military capabilities in the Arctic following a reassignment of command responsibilities.
November 2, 2014
- An overwhelming urge to serve and a determination to recognize the sacrifices made by Airmen in the past enabled one Airman here to represent the Air Force on a national level.
October 31, 2014
- Although artillery’s usual purpose is to support infantry troops on the ground, Battery A Marines were not supporting infantry Marines during this live-fire field training.
October 29, 2014
- Marines with 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, I Marine Expeditionary Force, conducted a helicopter mishap drill at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California, Oct. 27, 2014.
October 26, 2014
- U.S. military forces continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria Saturday and today, using fighter and bomber aircraft to conduct five airstrikes, U.S. Central Command officials reported.
October 25, 2014
- Members of the U.S. military joined players for the Washington Wizards and area students yesterday to prepare more than 1,000 meals for needy children and families.
October 24, 2014
- Marines with 1st Transportation Support Battalion and Marine Wing Support Squadron 373, along with Sailors assigned to Assault Craft Unit 5 and Beach Master Unit 1, participated in ship-to-shore drills during exercise Pacific Horizon 2015.
October 23, 2014
- In the White House’s call for ideas to provide personal protective equipment to those caring for Ebola patients in West Africa, that acquisition experience is coming from Scott Paris, a Marine Corps Systems Command employee.
October 22, 2014
- Marines and sailors from the Black Sea Rotational Force, along with members of the Romanian Armed Forces and 300th Mechanized Infantry Battalion, worked together in multiple engagements across multiple locations during Exercise Platinum Lynx recently.
October 21, 2014
- "He was killed stepping out of a doorway so someone else didn't have to,â�� said Sgt. Christopher Leonard, the former first fire team leader for 2nd Squad, 1st Platoon, Company B, 1st Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment.