Featured Military Articles
September 29, 2015
Defense Secretary Ash Carter today directed his staff to "open lines of communication with Russia on de-confliction" of air operations in Syria, the Pentagon press secretary said today.
September 25, 2015
Marine Corps Gen. Robert B. Neller today assumed command of the Marine Corps from Gen. Joseph F. Dunford, Jr., as Dunford prepares to become the 19th chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
September 21, 2015
With the recent release of ALNAV 065/15, the United States Naval Academy (USNA) is now accepting motivated Sailors and Marines, active and reserve, for admission to the Class of 2020.
September 19, 2015
The U.S. Navy's only forward-deployed Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) entered the 7th Fleet area of operations, Sept. 17.
September 16, 2015
- The U.S. and Republic of Korea alliance took center stage as more than 3,000 guests joined both the U.S. and ROK Navy and Marine Corps forces in the commemoration of the 65th anniversary of the Incheon Amphibious Landing Operation Sept. 15.
September 14, 2015
- The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency’s "Wait, What?" Future Technology Forum wrapped up Friday with a remembrance of those who died on 9/11 and presentations covering the bleeding edges of everything from extraterrestrial life and
September 8, 2015
- USS Carney (DDG 64) departed her homeport of Mayport, Florida, Sept. 6 on her way to Rota, Spain, as the final of four Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers to be forward deployed to Spain.
September 4, 2015
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter today reaffirmed the importance of the U.S.-Saudi Arabia strategic relationship during a meeting here with Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Arabia’s defense minister, Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook sai
September 3, 2015
- The U.S. government has authorized the voluntary departure from Turkey of family members of American personnel at Incirlik Air Base and the U.S. consulate in Adana.
August 31, 2015
- Tomorrow marks the start of National Preparedness Month, and while preparedness calls for year-round attention, it is a good opportunity to remind Defense Department personnel and their families to be prepared at all times.
August 28, 2015
- Forecasters said the hurricane would be bad, but no one expected a Katrina.
August 25, 2015
- Marines with Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 152 conducted air-delivery ground refueling training aboard Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan, Aug. 21, 2015.
During the training Marines refueled four MV-22B Osprey tiltrotor aircrafts w
August 21, 2015
- Approximately 50 Marines with Combat Logistics Regiment 25, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, have been living aboard the USNS 1st Lt Jack Lummus since Aug. 5, initially preparing for, and then actively engaging in a Marine Prepositioning Force Exercise aboard
August 19, 2015
- Yesterday, Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus announced the establishment of a Recruit Honor Graduate Ribbon for superior performance during the Navy's basic military training, held at Naval Station Great Lakes, Illinois.
August 17, 2015
- More than 440 California National Guard soldiers and airmen have been activated to help the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, known as Cal Fire, fight fires throughout the state, Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis said today.
August 15, 2015
- The Department of the Navy and City of Chattanooga held a ceremony Aug. 15 at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga's, McKenzie Arena in memory of the Sailor and four Marines killed in the Navy Operational Support Center (NOSC) shooting on July 16.
August 12, 2015
- Military installations and their partners in three states have won an annual Defense Department conservation challenge created to protect nearby ecosystems while supporting critical military test, training and operational missions.
August 10, 2015
- U.S. Marines and sailors have been helping local and federal agencies in Saipan with relief efforts since Aug. 7, after Typhoon Soudelor struck the island Aug. 2-3, Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis said here today.
August 7, 2015
- The U.S. military faces multiple threats and it must be prepared for every contingency, Deputy Defense Secretary Bob Work said Aug. 5, after viewing night operations as part of the Joint Forcible Entry large-scale exercise at Fort Irwin, California.
August 3, 2015
- Marines with Truck Company, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force, readied their weapon systems and conducted vehicle inspections before performing an evaluated motorized operations course (MOC) aboard Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center T
July 31, 2015
- Jim Russell sits in the middle of the The Janice Griffiths Gallery with his rotund service pug, Mr. Beau, resting on his lap. The dim lights and cool interior of the gallery offer both some relief from the heat of the day as Russell recounts his tale of h
July 28, 2015
- The U.S. Defense Department and the United Kingdom’s Defense Ministry signed a memorandum of understanding today that officials say signifies expanding international relationships while serving a valuable role in security cooperation.
July 25, 2015
- The Air Force secretary yesterday discussed her top national and homeland security issues, as well as current personnel challenges, during a question and answer session with Fox News at the sixth annual, three-day Aspen Security Forum in Colorado.
July 24, 2015
- The San Antonio Military Medical Center here ranks among the top hospitals in the nation for surgical care, according to a recent report from the American College of Surgeons.