Featured Military Articles
November 24, 2015
The United States and NATO support Turkey’s right to defend its airspace and sovereignty, Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook told reporters today following the downing of a Russian military aircraft by the Turkish military.
November 21, 2015
Defense Secretary Ash Carter received the Lifetime of Service award from the American Red Cross in the National Capital Region during the organization's annual Salute to Service Gala yesterday in McLean, Virginia.
November 18, 2015
Before former Army Capt. Gregory David Estevez removed his uniform for the last time, the Army worked to ensure he was able to achieve a stable return to civilian life.
November 13, 2015
The United States stands with France in the wake of today’s terrorist attacks in Paris, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said.
November 11, 2015
- Smiles and the smells of freshly baked bread, cakes and cookies greet visitors of Dog Tag Bakery here, a place where disabled veterans can learn more than just baking.
November 9, 2015
- Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV) Ray Mabus met with Egypt's minister of defense, Lt. Gen. Sedky Subhi and chief of the Navy, Rear Adm. Osama Rabie, during a partnership-building visit to Cairo Nov. 9.
November 5, 2015
- The U.S. Army and Air Force teamed up Nov. 3-4, to deploy Stryker vehicles north of the Arctic Circle for the first time ever, according to a U.S. Army Alaska news release issued today.
November 4, 2015
- Registration is now open for the Defense Department's first virtual education fair, scheduled for Nov. 19.
November 1, 2015
- As security threats in Europe increase, the United States remains concerned about Russia's destabilizing actions in Ukraine and Syria, the commander of U.S. forces in Europe said here today.
October 27, 2015
- The Air Force announced today the contract award of engineering and manufacturing development and early production for the Long Range Strike Bomber, or LRS-B, to Northrop Grumman Corp.
October 23, 2015
- Army cyber forces will continue the integration of cyber effects into the Army's tactical units with their participation in an upcoming training rotation for the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division at the Joint Readiness Training Center, o
October 20, 2015
- Senior U.S. and Russian defense officials signed a memorandum of understanding today on air safety in Syria, the Pentagon's press secretary said.
October 17, 2015
- In his first trip overseas as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Corps Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr. will meet with Israeli leaders here.
October 15, 2015
- Just a week after historic rainfall caused severe flooding in South Carolina -- devastating lives, cities, and infrastructure -- the examples witnessed here and across the state Oct. 13 were neighbors helping neighbors.
October 14, 2015
- The Defense Department recently announced an effort to help individuals throughout the department do their part to protect the DoD Information Networks, or DoDIN.
October 11, 2015
- A Marine sprinted towards the other end of the enclosure as Denny, the Belgian Malinois military police dog, quickly traversed the distance in between him and his target. Just as Denny prepared to launch and take down the Marine, his handler screamed &ldq
October 6, 2015
- Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Adm. John Richardson held an all hands call at U.S. Naval War College (NWC), Oct. 5, where he discussed the importance of the institution and its role in helping plot the Navy's course.
October 3, 2015
- USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) (Ike) accomplished its first arrested landing of an F-35C Lightning II carrier variant, Oct. 2.
September 29, 2015
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter today directed his staff to "open lines of communication with Russia on de-confliction" of air operations in Syria, the Pentagon press secretary said today.
September 25, 2015
- Marine Corps Gen. Robert B. Neller today assumed command of the Marine Corps from Gen. Joseph F. Dunford, Jr., as Dunford prepares to become the 19th chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
September 21, 2015
- With the recent release of ALNAV 065/15, the United States Naval Academy (USNA) is now accepting motivated Sailors and Marines, active and reserve, for admission to the Class of 2020.
September 19, 2015
- The U.S. Navy's only forward-deployed Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) entered the 7th Fleet area of operations, Sept. 17.
September 16, 2015
- The U.S. and Republic of Korea alliance took center stage as more than 3,000 guests joined both the U.S. and ROK Navy and Marine Corps forces in the commemoration of the 65th anniversary of the Incheon Amphibious Landing Operation Sept. 15.
September 14, 2015
- The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency’s "Wait, What?" Future Technology Forum wrapped up Friday with a remembrance of those who died on 9/11 and presentations covering the bleeding edges of everything from extraterrestrial life and