Featured Military Articles
April 14, 2014
April has been designated as Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM), and this year's theme is "Live Our Values: Step Up to Stop Sexual Assault."
April 14, 2014
A Russian attack aircraft repeatedly flew near the USS Donald Cook in international waters in the Black Sea on April 12, a Pentagon spokesman said today.
April 10, 2014
The U.S. Naval War College (NWC) is now accepting online applications through June 30 for the College of Distance Education's 2014-2015 Fleet Seminar Program (FSP).
April 9, 2014
The Oliver Hazard Perry-class guided missile frigate USS Vandegrift (FFG 48) arrived at Naval Base San Diego April 9 following the rescue of a family with a sick infant on a disabled sailboat approximately 1,300 miles south of San Diego.
April 7, 2014
- On Defense Secretary Chuck Hagelâs first official visit to China, the Peoplesâ Liberation Army allowed him, in response to a request made in January, to become the first foreign visitor to tour the sleek refitted Russian aircraft carrier .
April 6, 2014
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, currently on a trip to the Asia-Pacific region, received a telephonic update today on the election in Afghanistan from the top U.S. military commander posted there.
April 5, 2014
- Test Management Projects give students hands-on experience and oversight of a real-test program during the year long course.
April 3, 2014
- Army Spc. Ivan A. Lopez, 34, was the gunman in yesterdayâs shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, the installation commander said today.
April 2, 2014
- A child in a military family experiences an average of nine moves from kindergarten through high school, and a new mobile app called âThe Big Moving Adventureâ can help them through the rough spots.
April 1, 2014
- One of Major League Baseballâs teams joined a long list of professional American sports franchises in honoring the U.S. military yesterday.
March 29, 2014
- Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is traveling to Israel for meetings with senior Israeli military officials.
March 28, 2014
- Military food inspectors may one day hold the key to avoiding foodborne illness in the palms of their hands.
March 28, 2014
- Seven Soldiers from the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit, or USAMU, will join members of the U.S. National Shooting Team to compete in the International Shooting Sports Federation, or ISSF, World Cup starting today.
March 27, 2014
- An Army medic was recognized for rushing into an intense firefight to help other Soldiers, despite having just suffered a traumatic brain injury.
March 27, 2014
- Secretary of the Army John McHugh swore in Brad R. Carson as the 31st Under Secretary of the Army, and Chief Management Officer of the Army, during an informal ceremony amongst family, friends and colleagues, today, at the Pentagon.
March 26, 2014
- As the Air Force aims for total force integration, for the first time, an Air National guardsman was certified to perform the duties of a convoy commander within a missile complex -- one of only three individuals entrusted with the responsibility.
March 25, 2014
- African Partnership Flight Angola 2014 began with an opening ceremony here March 24.
March 24, 2014
- Camp Pendleton has begun a new initiative in recycling by reducing their disposable waste through recycling Styrofoam.
March 23, 2014
- For more than 200 years, American society has revered the Marine Corps as one of the most elite fighting forces in the world.
March 22, 2014
- Marines and sailors with the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit donated time and effort to a local Catholic mission near Fort Hunter Liggett, Calif., March 22.
March 21, 2014
- Marines with Fox Company, Battalion Landing Team 2nd Battalion, 1st Marines (BLT 2/1), 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit conducted a Special Operation Training Group exercise.
March 20, 2014
- Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoygu assured Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel that Russian troops along the Russia-Ukraine border are there solely for exercise purposes and will not cross over into Ukrainian territory.
March 19, 2014
- U.S. Navy aircraft and personnel remain engaged in the search effort for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared March 8 after taking off from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, en route to Beijing, a Defense Department spokesman said today.
March 18, 2014
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel spoke with Malaysian Defense Minister Hishammuddin Tun Hussein last night to discuss the ongoing search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.