Featured Military Articles
August 24, 2016
The Louisiana National Guard continues to conduct flood response and recovery missions, while prepositioning vehicles and assets in potentially flood-affected areas as directed by Gov. John Bel Edwards since operations began Aug.
August 18, 2016
An Air Force C-130 Hercules taxies to a large hangar where about 60 Army paratroopers wait to board. Each lugging about 100 pounds of gear, the soldiers quickly line up and load into the aircraft as its four idling engines blow hot gusts over the tarmac.
August 11, 2016
In May 2010, airmen of all ranks were sitting on a plane, some anticipating what life would be like during their deployment to Afghanistan. Others, like then-Airman 1st Class Anthony Anderson, were thinking about how their job would affect the mission and
August 2, 2016
Registration is now open for the Defense Department's second Voluntary Education Virtual Education Fair, scheduled for Aug. 11 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EDT, according to a Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support news release.
July 21, 2016
- "Come on, sergeant major, let me see those cartwheels!" reverberated through the fitness center here during an early morning, intense workout session led by the senior noncommissioned officer in the U.S. military.
July 10, 2016
- As NATO faces an unprecedented range of security, humanitarian and political challenges, the alliance always can count on the United States, President Barack Obama said during a press conference yesterday on the final day of the NATO Summit in W
July 9, 2016
- Marines with Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron (VMM) 164 “Knightriders” supported initial fast-rope training with scout snipers of 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California, June 30, 2016.
July 7, 2016
- “This seemed like a good way to give back to the Marine Corps and thank them for letting me stick around after I got wounded,” said Master Sgt. Berle Sigman, a student in the Faculty Advisor Course (FAC) at the Staff Non-Commissioned Officer (
July 5, 2016
- The Great Lakes Naval Museum was officially renamed the National Museum of the American Sailor during a ceremony and sign unveiling at the museum July 4.
July 2, 2016
- In his weekly address issued today, President Barack Obama noted that he, First Lady Michelle Obama, and their two daughters will be hosting hundreds of service members, military veterans and their families at the traditional White House cookout on Indepe
July 1, 2016
- The Navy awarded two contracts key to future amphibious operations and replenishment missions, June 30. The combined total projected contract value of these contracts is approximately $6.3 billion.
June 29, 2016
- The Defense Department today announced that the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program is celebrating five years of supporting military spouses, according to officials from the DoD Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Office.
June 27, 2016
- When Army veteran Greg Mullen developed symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder while stationed in the Middle East during the first Gulf War, his symptoms from nonstop anti-missile blasts were severe enough after a six-month deployment for him to trans
June 24, 2016
- Retiring Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Welsh III always remembered that people are what make the U.S. Air Force the best in the world, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said today.
June 19, 2016
- The MH-60S Knighthawk was able to locate and relay the position of the distressed personnel to the U.S. Coast Guard Sector Guam command center, which was able to coordinate with the Fire Division of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
June 15, 2016
- Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus announced June 15 that SSN 800, a Virginia-class attack submarine, will bear the name USS Arkansas.
June 9, 2016
- The Defense Department’s Computer/Electronics Accommodations Program recently celebrated the 20th anniversary of its Technology & Evaluation Center, known as CAPTEC.
June 3, 2016
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter met with Indonesian Defense Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu on the margins of the International Institute for Strategic Studies Shangri-La Dialogue today in Singapore, Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said in a statement release
May 27, 2016
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter will travel to Singapore to lead the U.S. delegation and deliver a keynote address June 4 at the 15th Asia Security Summit at the Shangri-La Dialogue, an annual conference hosted by the International Institute for Strategic St
May 25, 2016
- The Defense Department is restructuring its headquarters as it looks to save $1.9 billion through a 25 percent reduction of staff costs, a senior DoD management official said in a recent DoD News interview.
May 24, 2016
- President Barack Obama today confirmed the death of Taliban leader Akhtar Mohammad Mansur, who was targeted May 21 by a U.S. airstrike near the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.
May 20, 2016
- U.S. European Command and the U.S. Navy’s 6th Fleet are coordinating with officials in Greece in support of Egypt’s search-and-rescue operations for EgyptAir Flight 804, which disappeared from radar screens while en route from Paris to Cairo y
May 18, 2016
- Marines and sailors from 5th Marine Expeditionary Brigade are among 6,000 U.S. and Jordanian service members taking parting in Exercise Eager Lion 2016 in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, May 15-24.
May 14, 2016
- On May 17, the Combat Center will conduct an active shooter response and recovery exercise. The exercise will assess and further develop the installation’s ability to protect personnel and property as well as to counter and contain an active shooter