Featured Military Articles
July 10, 2016
As NATO faces an unprecedented range of security, humanitarian and political challenges, the alliance always can count on the United States, President Barack Obama said during a press conference yesterday on the final day of the NATO Summit in W
July 9, 2016
Marines with Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron (VMM) 164 “Knightriders” supported initial fast-rope training with scout snipers of 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California, June 30, 2016.
July 7, 2016
“This seemed like a good way to give back to the Marine Corps and thank them for letting me stick around after I got wounded,” said Master Sgt. Berle Sigman, a student in the Faculty Advisor Course (FAC) at the Staff Non-Commissioned Officer (
July 5, 2016
The Great Lakes Naval Museum was officially renamed the National Museum of the American Sailor during a ceremony and sign unveiling at the museum July 4.
July 2, 2016
- In his weekly address issued today, President Barack Obama noted that he, First Lady Michelle Obama, and their two daughters will be hosting hundreds of service members, military veterans and their families at the traditional White House cookout on Indepe
July 1, 2016
- The Navy awarded two contracts key to future amphibious operations and replenishment missions, June 30. The combined total projected contract value of these contracts is approximately $6.3 billion.
June 29, 2016
- The Defense Department today announced that the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program is celebrating five years of supporting military spouses, according to officials from the DoD Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Office.
June 27, 2016
- When Army veteran Greg Mullen developed symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder while stationed in the Middle East during the first Gulf War, his symptoms from nonstop anti-missile blasts were severe enough after a six-month deployment for him to trans
June 24, 2016
- Retiring Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Welsh III always remembered that people are what make the U.S. Air Force the best in the world, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said today.
June 19, 2016
- The MH-60S Knighthawk was able to locate and relay the position of the distressed personnel to the U.S. Coast Guard Sector Guam command center, which was able to coordinate with the Fire Division of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
June 15, 2016
- Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus announced June 15 that SSN 800, a Virginia-class attack submarine, will bear the name USS Arkansas.
June 9, 2016
- The Defense Department’s Computer/Electronics Accommodations Program recently celebrated the 20th anniversary of its Technology & Evaluation Center, known as CAPTEC.
June 3, 2016
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter met with Indonesian Defense Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu on the margins of the International Institute for Strategic Studies Shangri-La Dialogue today in Singapore, Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said in a statement release
May 27, 2016
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter will travel to Singapore to lead the U.S. delegation and deliver a keynote address June 4 at the 15th Asia Security Summit at the Shangri-La Dialogue, an annual conference hosted by the International Institute for Strategic St
May 25, 2016
- The Defense Department is restructuring its headquarters as it looks to save $1.9 billion through a 25 percent reduction of staff costs, a senior DoD management official said in a recent DoD News interview.
May 24, 2016
- President Barack Obama today confirmed the death of Taliban leader Akhtar Mohammad Mansur, who was targeted May 21 by a U.S. airstrike near the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.
May 20, 2016
- U.S. European Command and the U.S. Navy’s 6th Fleet are coordinating with officials in Greece in support of Egypt’s search-and-rescue operations for EgyptAir Flight 804, which disappeared from radar screens while en route from Paris to Cairo y
May 18, 2016
- Marines and sailors from 5th Marine Expeditionary Brigade are among 6,000 U.S. and Jordanian service members taking parting in Exercise Eager Lion 2016 in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, May 15-24.
May 14, 2016
- On May 17, the Combat Center will conduct an active shooter response and recovery exercise. The exercise will assess and further develop the installation’s ability to protect personnel and property as well as to counter and contain an active shooter
May 12, 2016
- The Navy's 2016 Sailors of the Year were meritoriously advanced to chief petty officer during a ceremony held at the Navy Memorial, May 12.
May 11, 2016
- The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency today hosts DARPA Demo Day 2016 at the Pentagon, giving the Defense Department community an up-close look at the agency’s portfolio of innovative technologies and military systems.
May 10, 2016
- With the onset of the Atlantic hurricane season approaching, the Navy is currently conducting HURREX/Citadel Gale 2016, its annual hurricane exercise designed to prepare the Navy to respond to weather threats in coastal regions and maintain the ability to
May 9, 2016
- Army Reserve military police from the 200th Military Police Command have been training in the field on combat support and detainee operations this May.
May 6, 2016
- Former Army Reserve Spc. Chasity Kuczer set records at the 2015 Department of Defense Warrior Games, as the first-ever female gold medalist in archery and the highest individual scorer ever in the coed competition.