Featured Military Articles
August 25, 2015
Marines with Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 152 conducted air-delivery ground refueling training aboard Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan, Aug. 21, 2015.
During the training Marines refueled four MV-22B Osprey tiltrotor aircrafts w
August 21, 2015
Approximately 50 Marines with Combat Logistics Regiment 25, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, have been living aboard the USNS 1st Lt Jack Lummus since Aug. 5, initially preparing for, and then actively engaging in a Marine Prepositioning Force Exercise aboard
August 19, 2015
Yesterday, Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus announced the establishment of a Recruit Honor Graduate Ribbon for superior performance during the Navy's basic military training, held at Naval Station Great Lakes, Illinois.
August 17, 2015
More than 440 California National Guard soldiers and airmen have been activated to help the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, known as Cal Fire, fight fires throughout the state, Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis said today.
August 15, 2015
- The Department of the Navy and City of Chattanooga held a ceremony Aug. 15 at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga's, McKenzie Arena in memory of the Sailor and four Marines killed in the Navy Operational Support Center (NOSC) shooting on July 16.
August 12, 2015
- Military installations and their partners in three states have won an annual Defense Department conservation challenge created to protect nearby ecosystems while supporting critical military test, training and operational missions.
August 10, 2015
- U.S. Marines and sailors have been helping local and federal agencies in Saipan with relief efforts since Aug. 7, after Typhoon Soudelor struck the island Aug. 2-3, Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis said here today.
August 7, 2015
- The U.S. military faces multiple threats and it must be prepared for every contingency, Deputy Defense Secretary Bob Work said Aug. 5, after viewing night operations as part of the Joint Forcible Entry large-scale exercise at Fort Irwin, California.
August 3, 2015
- Marines with Truck Company, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force, readied their weapon systems and conducted vehicle inspections before performing an evaluated motorized operations course (MOC) aboard Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center T
July 31, 2015
- Jim Russell sits in the middle of the The Janice Griffiths Gallery with his rotund service pug, Mr. Beau, resting on his lap. The dim lights and cool interior of the gallery offer both some relief from the heat of the day as Russell recounts his tale of h
July 28, 2015
- The U.S. Defense Department and the United Kingdom’s Defense Ministry signed a memorandum of understanding today that officials say signifies expanding international relationships while serving a valuable role in security cooperation.
July 25, 2015
- The Air Force secretary yesterday discussed her top national and homeland security issues, as well as current personnel challenges, during a question and answer session with Fox News at the sixth annual, three-day Aspen Security Forum in Colorado.
July 24, 2015
- The San Antonio Military Medical Center here ranks among the top hospitals in the nation for surgical care, according to a recent report from the American College of Surgeons.
July 20, 2015
- Two miles down a lengthy oceanside road into an outwardly “Navy” air station, there sits a compound where, just before sunrise, a class of rightfully exhausted yet bright-eyed Army Special Forces soldiers have already begun their hellish day.
July 16, 2015
- Multiple shots were fired at the Navy Operational Support Center (NOSC) in Chattanooga, Tennessee at approximately 11 a.m. EST Thursday.
July 12, 2015
- As the nation’s military adapts new strategies and personnel policies, Defense Secretary Ash Carter today asked counties and communities across America to consider new ways to provide service to troops and veterans.
July 10, 2015
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management officials yesterday announced the results of the interagency forensics investigation into a recent cyber incident involving federal background investigation data and the steps it is taking to protect those affected.
July 9, 2015
- Russia, China, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, North Korea are just a few of the situations that the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will have to deal with, and the president’s choice -– Marine Corps Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr. -– discusse
July 6, 2015
- As humanitarian, training and operational missions continue in the Asia-Pacific region, the combat diving community’s most rigorous school will soon implement its area development plan in support of Defense Secretary Ash Carter’s “force
July 2, 2015
- Muslims, their family members and guests gathered here last night to celebrate the holy month of Ramadan during the 17th annual Pentagon iftar dinner.
June 29, 2015
- The littoral combat ship USS Fort Worth (LCS 3) wrapped up its first-ever participation in Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Philippines following a June 26 closing ceremony held at Naval Station Apolinario Jalandoon, Puerto Princesa, Repu
June 26, 2015
- Team Navy claimed its first gold medals at the DoD Warrior Games during track and field competitions June 23 at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia.
June 22, 2015
- With the release of NAVADMIN 142/15 "FY16 Enlisted Women in Submarines Selections", the first group of enlisted female Sailors from across the Navy has been chosen to serve in the U.S. Navy's submarine force.
June 19, 2015
- Amphibious transport dock ship USS Green Bay (LPD 20) rendered assistance to distressed mariners in the waters between the Indonesian islands of Kalimantan and Sulawesi June 19.