Featured Military Articles
May 27, 2016
Defense Secretary Ash Carter will travel to Singapore to lead the U.S. delegation and deliver a keynote address June 4 at the 15th Asia Security Summit at the Shangri-La Dialogue, an annual conference hosted by the International Institute for Strategic St
May 25, 2016
The Defense Department is restructuring its headquarters as it looks to save $1.9 billion through a 25 percent reduction of staff costs, a senior DoD management official said in a recent DoD News interview.
May 24, 2016
President Barack Obama today confirmed the death of Taliban leader Akhtar Mohammad Mansur, who was targeted May 21 by a U.S. airstrike near the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.
May 20, 2016
U.S. European Command and the U.S. Navy’s 6th Fleet are coordinating with officials in Greece in support of Egypt’s search-and-rescue operations for EgyptAir Flight 804, which disappeared from radar screens while en route from Paris to Cairo y
May 18, 2016
- Marines and sailors from 5th Marine Expeditionary Brigade are among 6,000 U.S. and Jordanian service members taking parting in Exercise Eager Lion 2016 in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, May 15-24.
May 14, 2016
- On May 17, the Combat Center will conduct an active shooter response and recovery exercise. The exercise will assess and further develop the installation’s ability to protect personnel and property as well as to counter and contain an active shooter
May 12, 2016
- The Navy's 2016 Sailors of the Year were meritoriously advanced to chief petty officer during a ceremony held at the Navy Memorial, May 12.
May 11, 2016
- The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency today hosts DARPA Demo Day 2016 at the Pentagon, giving the Defense Department community an up-close look at the agency’s portfolio of innovative technologies and military systems.
May 10, 2016
- With the onset of the Atlantic hurricane season approaching, the Navy is currently conducting HURREX/Citadel Gale 2016, its annual hurricane exercise designed to prepare the Navy to respond to weather threats in coastal regions and maintain the ability to
May 9, 2016
- Army Reserve military police from the 200th Military Police Command have been training in the field on combat support and detainee operations this May.
May 6, 2016
- Former Army Reserve Spc. Chasity Kuczer set records at the 2015 Department of Defense Warrior Games, as the first-ever female gold medalist in archery and the highest individual scorer ever in the coed competition.
May 4, 2016
- Special Warfare Operator 1st Class (SEAL) Charles Keating IV, 31, of San Diego, was killed in action in northern Iraq May 3.
April 25, 2016
- Two MV-22B Ospreys from Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 265 (Reinforced), 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit completed the fifth day of disaster relief flight operations in support of Joint Task Force Chinzei, led by the Japan Self Defense Force, after the i
April 18, 2016
- U.S. military forces in Japan are providing support to relief efforts by the government of Japan as it responds in the aftermath of two damaging earthquakes that have occurred in the region, Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis said here today.
April 15, 2016
- President Barack Obama’s national security advisor spelled out America’s whole-of-government strategy against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant during a speech at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado, yesterday.
April 13, 2016
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter participated this morning in a repatriation ceremony in New Delhi, India, Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said in a statement.
April 11, 2016
- During the final stop on his trip to the Pacific Northwest last week, Deputy Defense Secretary Bob Work inspected the final assembly facilities of the Boeing 737 and its derived military marine patrol aircraft, the P-8A Poseidon.
March 29, 2016
- The U.S. government has authorized the ordered departure of Defense Department dependents from Turkey, including those at Incirlik Air Base, according to Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook.
March 25, 2016
- Army Command Sgt. Maj. John W. Troxell, the senior enlisted advisor to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, met with sailors assigned to the aircraft carrier USS George Washington and the dock landing ship USS Gunston Hall berthed here, March 23.
March 21, 2016
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter offered his congratulations to Army Gen. Vincent K. Brooks following the announcement today that he intends to nominate Brooks to be commander of U.S. Forces Korea, Combined Forces Command and United Nations Command.
March 17, 2016
- Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group (IKECSG) completed a multi-ship, live-fire exercise with the Standard Missile (SM-2), March 15.
March 15, 2016
- Two Los Angeles-class submarines arrived at U.S. Navy Ice Camp Sargo, a temporary station on top of a floating ice sheet in the Arctic, March 14, as part of Ice Exercise (ICEX) 2016.
March 10, 2016
- After a visit here this week, Marine Corps Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr. said he is proud of the way the men and women of Joint Task Force Guantanamo are carrying out their detainee operations mission.
March 7, 2016
- The John C. Stennis Strike Group (JCSSG) has completed routine operations in the South China Sea, and transited into the Philippine Sea through the Luzon Strait.