Featured Military Articles
July 20, 2015
Two miles down a lengthy oceanside road into an outwardly “Navy” air station, there sits a compound where, just before sunrise, a class of rightfully exhausted yet bright-eyed Army Special Forces soldiers have already begun their hellish day.
July 16, 2015
Multiple shots were fired at the Navy Operational Support Center (NOSC) in Chattanooga, Tennessee at approximately 11 a.m. EST Thursday.
July 12, 2015
As the nation’s military adapts new strategies and personnel policies, Defense Secretary Ash Carter today asked counties and communities across America to consider new ways to provide service to troops and veterans.
July 10, 2015
U.S. Office of Personnel Management officials yesterday announced the results of the interagency forensics investigation into a recent cyber incident involving federal background investigation data and the steps it is taking to protect those affected.
July 9, 2015
- Russia, China, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, North Korea are just a few of the situations that the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will have to deal with, and the president’s choice -– Marine Corps Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr. -– discusse
July 6, 2015
- As humanitarian, training and operational missions continue in the Asia-Pacific region, the combat diving community’s most rigorous school will soon implement its area development plan in support of Defense Secretary Ash Carter’s “force
July 2, 2015
- Muslims, their family members and guests gathered here last night to celebrate the holy month of Ramadan during the 17th annual Pentagon iftar dinner.
June 29, 2015
- The littoral combat ship USS Fort Worth (LCS 3) wrapped up its first-ever participation in Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Philippines following a June 26 closing ceremony held at Naval Station Apolinario Jalandoon, Puerto Princesa, Repu
June 26, 2015
- Team Navy claimed its first gold medals at the DoD Warrior Games during track and field competitions June 23 at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia.
June 22, 2015
- With the release of NAVADMIN 142/15 "FY16 Enlisted Women in Submarines Selections", the first group of enlisted female Sailors from across the Navy has been chosen to serve in the U.S. Navy's submarine force.
June 19, 2015
- Amphibious transport dock ship USS Green Bay (LPD 20) rendered assistance to distressed mariners in the waters between the Indonesian islands of Kalimantan and Sulawesi June 19.
June 18, 2015
- U.S. and Spanish officials yesterday signed an amendment to the nations’ defense agreement that will change the deployment of the U.S. crisis response force at Moron Air Base from temporary to permanent, defense officials said today.
June 16, 2015
- The Defense Department yesterday launched an integrated lodging program pilot designed to provide quality government and commercial lodging, with greater safety and security and better services at reduced rates.
June 12, 2015
- Senior Defense Department medical leaders addressed health care reform on Capitol Hill yesterday, expressing concern over potential impacts on military medical readiness and overall readiness.
June 11, 2015
- The Sea Service Leadership Association (SSLA), a national nonprofit organization dedicated to the mentorship and development of military leaders, hosted a women's symposium June 11-12 in San Diego to discuss current issues for women in the military.
June 9, 2015
- The Defense Department today announced a partnership to launch employment training for transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses in highly skilled utility industry jobs.
June 8, 2015
- Navy Information Dominance Forces (NAVIDFOR) released Enlisted Information Dominance Warfare Specialist (EIDWS) Qualification Program Instruction COMNAVIDFORINST 1414.1, which revises who can administer the program and improves the ability to maintain con
June 5, 2015
- Combat Engineer Sgt. Alex Nguyen from Fremont, Nebraska, spends his days in and out of Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Virginia. He routinely goes from physical therapy appointments to doctor’s appointments and back to physical therapy. In
May 31, 2015
- U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter met with a several defense leaders from Asia-Pacific nations today in Singapore during the Shangri-La Dialogue, a major annual forum for key leaders in the Asia-Pacific region to discuss security challenges and opportunit
May 29, 2015
- Since the April 25 magnitude-7.8 earthquake in Nepal that claimed the lives of about 10,000 people and left thousands more injured or missing, U.S. Army Pacific Command has dedicated significant resources to disaster response in Nepal.
May 27, 2015
- The United States will continue to remain the principal security power in the Pacific region for decades to come, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said in Hawaii today.
May 26, 2015
- From Memorial Day through Labor Day, service members and their families can visit more than 2,000 museums in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and American Samoa.
May 22, 2015
- As he addressed the U.S. Naval Academy’s graduating class today in Annapolis, Maryland, Vice President Joe Biden expressed pride in the midshipmen as they prepare to join a 170-year legacy of excellence.
May 21, 2015
- Teams of active-duty and retired military and other veterans enjoyed competition and camaraderie during the 55th Annual Armed Services Skeet Championship held here May 11-15.