Featured Military Articles
December 2, 2016
Holly Petraeus from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau today discussed how service members and their families can help protect their finances.
November 18, 2016
New technologies, new tactics, new threats, limited budgets -- all these have combined to change the face of warfare in the 21st century, and Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David L. Goldfein is among the leaders sorting out just what that will mean.
November 3, 2016
A change of command is more about continuity than change, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said as Navy Adm. Cecil D. Haney transferred the flag of U.S. Strategic Command toAir Force Gen. John E. Hyten.
October 23, 2016
U.S. Transportation Command has released a new strategy designed to help the command navigate the uncertain future it faces, Transcom officials said.
October 8, 2016
- Florida National Guard members began aerial and ground search-and-rescue operations yesterday as Hurricane Matthew continued to move northward, pummeling the U.S. southeastern coast with heavy rains and wind.
October 4, 2016
- U.S. Southern Command today directed a team of about 100 military personnel and nine helicopters to Grand Cayman Island, where they will be staged and ready to support U.S. disaster relief operations in the Caribbean if requested by the U.
September 29, 2016
- Service members and their families at Fort Lee, Virginia, asked the commander in chief tough questions during a town hall meeting broadcast by CNN last night.
September 16, 2016
- Future Defense Department technological superiority hinges on the department’s ability to out-innovate its adversaries, rethink how it sources technology and perhaps rethink its models for product delivery, the assistant secretary of defense for res
September 13, 2016
- “Who are we? Rescue 22!” the Puerto Rican veteran shouts to his team of cyclists as they gather around the recumbent and hand cyclists who are wheelchair-bound for group photos before beginning the Face of America charity ride.
September 8, 2016
- Defense Department officials announced today that Defense Secretary Ash Carter will travel to Northern California and Texas, Sept. 12-14, to continue advancing one of his top priorities: building and rebuilding bridges between the Pentagon and A
August 24, 2016
- The Louisiana National Guard continues to conduct flood response and recovery missions, while prepositioning vehicles and assets in potentially flood-affected areas as directed by Gov. John Bel Edwards since operations began Aug.
August 18, 2016
- An Air Force C-130 Hercules taxies to a large hangar where about 60 Army paratroopers wait to board. Each lugging about 100 pounds of gear, the soldiers quickly line up and load into the aircraft as its four idling engines blow hot gusts over the tarmac.
August 11, 2016
- In May 2010, airmen of all ranks were sitting on a plane, some anticipating what life would be like during their deployment to Afghanistan. Others, like then-Airman 1st Class Anthony Anderson, were thinking about how their job would affect the mission and
August 2, 2016
- Registration is now open for the Defense Department's second Voluntary Education Virtual Education Fair, scheduled for Aug. 11 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EDT, according to a Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support news release.
July 21, 2016
- "Come on, sergeant major, let me see those cartwheels!" reverberated through the fitness center here during an early morning, intense workout session led by the senior noncommissioned officer in the U.S. military.
July 10, 2016
- As NATO faces an unprecedented range of security, humanitarian and political challenges, the alliance always can count on the United States, President Barack Obama said during a press conference yesterday on the final day of the NATO Summit in W
July 9, 2016
- Marines with Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron (VMM) 164 “Knightriders” supported initial fast-rope training with scout snipers of 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California, June 30, 2016.
July 7, 2016
- “This seemed like a good way to give back to the Marine Corps and thank them for letting me stick around after I got wounded,” said Master Sgt. Berle Sigman, a student in the Faculty Advisor Course (FAC) at the Staff Non-Commissioned Officer (
July 5, 2016
- The Great Lakes Naval Museum was officially renamed the National Museum of the American Sailor during a ceremony and sign unveiling at the museum July 4.
July 2, 2016
- In his weekly address issued today, President Barack Obama noted that he, First Lady Michelle Obama, and their two daughters will be hosting hundreds of service members, military veterans and their families at the traditional White House cookout on Indepe
July 1, 2016
- The Navy awarded two contracts key to future amphibious operations and replenishment missions, June 30. The combined total projected contract value of these contracts is approximately $6.3 billion.
June 29, 2016
- The Defense Department today announced that the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program is celebrating five years of supporting military spouses, according to officials from the DoD Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Office.
June 27, 2016
- When Army veteran Greg Mullen developed symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder while stationed in the Middle East during the first Gulf War, his symptoms from nonstop anti-missile blasts were severe enough after a six-month deployment for him to trans
June 24, 2016
- Retiring Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Welsh III always remembered that people are what make the U.S. Air Force the best in the world, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said today.