Featured Military Articles
April 25, 2016
Two MV-22B Ospreys from Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 265 (Reinforced), 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit completed the fifth day of disaster relief flight operations in support of Joint Task Force Chinzei, led by the Japan Self Defense Force, after the i
April 18, 2016
U.S. military forces in Japan are providing support to relief efforts by the government of Japan as it responds in the aftermath of two damaging earthquakes that have occurred in the region, Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis said here today.
April 15, 2016
President Barack Obama’s national security advisor spelled out America’s whole-of-government strategy against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant during a speech at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado, yesterday.
April 13, 2016
Defense Secretary Ash Carter participated this morning in a repatriation ceremony in New Delhi, India, Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said in a statement.
April 11, 2016
- During the final stop on his trip to the Pacific Northwest last week, Deputy Defense Secretary Bob Work inspected the final assembly facilities of the Boeing 737 and its derived military marine patrol aircraft, the P-8A Poseidon.
March 29, 2016
- The U.S. government has authorized the ordered departure of Defense Department dependents from Turkey, including those at Incirlik Air Base, according to Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook.
March 25, 2016
- Army Command Sgt. Maj. John W. Troxell, the senior enlisted advisor to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, met with sailors assigned to the aircraft carrier USS George Washington and the dock landing ship USS Gunston Hall berthed here, March 23.
March 21, 2016
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter offered his congratulations to Army Gen. Vincent K. Brooks following the announcement today that he intends to nominate Brooks to be commander of U.S. Forces Korea, Combined Forces Command and United Nations Command.
March 17, 2016
- Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group (IKECSG) completed a multi-ship, live-fire exercise with the Standard Missile (SM-2), March 15.
March 15, 2016
- Two Los Angeles-class submarines arrived at U.S. Navy Ice Camp Sargo, a temporary station on top of a floating ice sheet in the Arctic, March 14, as part of Ice Exercise (ICEX) 2016.
March 10, 2016
- After a visit here this week, Marine Corps Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr. said he is proud of the way the men and women of Joint Task Force Guantanamo are carrying out their detainee operations mission.
March 7, 2016
- The John C. Stennis Strike Group (JCSSG) has completed routine operations in the South China Sea, and transited into the Philippine Sea through the Luzon Strait.
March 4, 2016
- The Navy will christen its newest Virginia-class attack submarine USS Washington (SSN 787), Saturday, March 5, during an 11 a.m. EST ceremony at Newport News Shipbuilding in Newport News, Virginia.
March 2, 2016
- As cyber and data security remain among the Pentagon’s top priorities, the undersecretary of defense for acquisition, technology and logistics underscored the importance of distribution, investment and private industry collaboration at the D3 Innova
February 29, 2016
- The Defense Department today held a video conference between senior DoD officials and their Russian counterparts to discuss ongoing implementation of the U.S.-Russia memorandum of understanding on flight safety over Syrian airspace, Pentagon Press Secreta
February 24, 2016
- Many successful initiatives are underway to reform the Military Health System, but the system will require change to continue its many benefits to readiness and patient care, military medicine’s top leaders told a Senate panel yesterday.
February 20, 2016
- Marine Corps Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, met with senior Egyptian military leaders in Cairo today.
February 18, 2016
- Four U.S. F-22 Raptors conducted a combined formation flight alongside South Korean F-15K Slam Eagles and U.S. F-16 Fighting Falcons here yesterday to demonstrate the capabilities of both nations in response to recent provocative actions by North Korea.
February 15, 2016
- The Norwegian Home Guard and U.S. Marines moved main battle tanks, amphibious assault vehicles, artillery, and equipment forward to one of the largest live-fire ranges in Norway Feb. 12 in preparation for Exercise Cold Response 2016.
February 12, 2016
- The Defense Department sent Congress its 2015 report on North Korea’s military power today, Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis told reporters.
February 9, 2016
- The fiscal year 2017 defense budget request represents “the best possible balance of capacity, capability and readiness investments based upon the resources available,” the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said today.
February 5, 2016
- Talk about the United Service Organizations and people think it is some holding company. But mention USO, and all Americans know it is a way for them to connect with service members.
February 3, 2016
- Keeping warfighters safe from infectious diseases and chemical agents is a Defense Department effort that requires a range of capabilities, from global biosurveillance and quick response to medical countermeasures and interagency and international collabo
February 2, 2016
- President Barack Obama will award the Medal of Honor to a Navy special warfare operator in a Feb. 29 ceremony, White House officials announced today.