Featured Military Articles
March 17, 2017
Senior military officers from nations throughout the Indo-Asia-Pacific region gathered here this week for the first Pacific Air Forces-hosted F-35 Symposium to discuss the future of the joint strike fighter’s operations in the Pacific.
March 13, 2017
Ebola and malaria aren't diseases that doctors working here in the hometown of the Baseball Hall of Fame normally expect to deal with.
March 2, 2017
President Donald J. Trump today promised to rebuild the U.S. military and called for a 12-carrier Navy during a visit to the future USS Gerald R. Ford in Newport News, Virginia.
March 2, 2017
President Donald J. Trump addressed Sailors from Pre-Commissioning Unit Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) and shipbuilders from Huntington Ingalls Newport News during a visit to the first-in-class aircraft carrier March 2.
February 27, 2017
- Forty-five members of the New York Air National Guard's 106th Rescue Wing are heading to Hawaii, Feb. 27, to participate in a joint NASA and Defense Department mission to evaluate recovery techniques and gear that will be used to recover NASA's Orion spacecraft, the next generation of American space vehicle.
February 2, 2017
- Defense Secretary Jim Mattis met with South Korean acting President and Prime Minister Hwang Kyo-ahn and National Security Advisor Kim Kwan-jin today in Seoul to reaffirm the strength of the U.S.-South Korean alliance, Defense Department spokesperson Navy Cmdr. Gary Ross said in a readout of the meetings.
January 8, 2017
- This week, the Navy's top personnel officer is visiting Sailors in Hawaii and San Diego to discuss Sailor 2025 and some of the Navy's other personnel initiatives.
January 3, 2017
- Naval Supply Systems Command Global Logistics Support (NAVSUP GLS) Household Goods (HHG) has scheduled a series of interactive, live webinars to assist Sailors and their families in facilitating military moves, beginning Jan. 10.
December 20, 2016
- The People's Liberation Army-Navy vessel 510 returned a U.S. Navy Ocean Glider Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) Dec. 19 to the United States, near the location where it had been unlawfully seized on Dec. 15.
December 2, 2016
- Holly Petraeus from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau today discussed how service members and their families can help protect their finances.
November 18, 2016
- New technologies, new tactics, new threats, limited budgets -- all these have combined to change the face of warfare in the 21st century, and Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David L. Goldfein is among the leaders sorting out just what that will mean.
November 3, 2016
- A change of command is more about continuity than change, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said as Navy Adm. Cecil D. Haney transferred the flag of U.S. Strategic Command toAir Force Gen. John E. Hyten.
October 23, 2016
- U.S. Transportation Command has released a new strategy designed to help the command navigate the uncertain future it faces, Transcom officials said.
October 8, 2016
- Florida National Guard members began aerial and ground search-and-rescue operations yesterday as Hurricane Matthew continued to move northward, pummeling the U.S. southeastern coast with heavy rains and wind.
October 4, 2016
- U.S. Southern Command today directed a team of about 100 military personnel and nine helicopters to Grand Cayman Island, where they will be staged and ready to support U.S. disaster relief operations in the Caribbean if requested by the U.
September 29, 2016
- Service members and their families at Fort Lee, Virginia, asked the commander in chief tough questions during a town hall meeting broadcast by CNN last night.
September 16, 2016
- Future Defense Department technological superiority hinges on the department’s ability to out-innovate its adversaries, rethink how it sources technology and perhaps rethink its models for product delivery, the assistant secretary of defense for res
September 13, 2016
- “Who are we? Rescue 22!” the Puerto Rican veteran shouts to his team of cyclists as they gather around the recumbent and hand cyclists who are wheelchair-bound for group photos before beginning the Face of America charity ride.
September 8, 2016
- Defense Department officials announced today that Defense Secretary Ash Carter will travel to Northern California and Texas, Sept. 12-14, to continue advancing one of his top priorities: building and rebuilding bridges between the Pentagon and A
August 24, 2016
- The Louisiana National Guard continues to conduct flood response and recovery missions, while prepositioning vehicles and assets in potentially flood-affected areas as directed by Gov. John Bel Edwards since operations began Aug.
August 18, 2016
- An Air Force C-130 Hercules taxies to a large hangar where about 60 Army paratroopers wait to board. Each lugging about 100 pounds of gear, the soldiers quickly line up and load into the aircraft as its four idling engines blow hot gusts over the tarmac.
August 11, 2016
- In May 2010, airmen of all ranks were sitting on a plane, some anticipating what life would be like during their deployment to Afghanistan. Others, like then-Airman 1st Class Anthony Anderson, were thinking about how their job would affect the mission and
August 2, 2016
- Registration is now open for the Defense Department's second Voluntary Education Virtual Education Fair, scheduled for Aug. 11 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EDT, according to a Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support news release.
July 21, 2016
- "Come on, sergeant major, let me see those cartwheels!" reverberated through the fitness center here during an early morning, intense workout session led by the senior noncommissioned officer in the U.S. military.